T he Stinson Funeral Home was founded in 1935 by Sulee and Joseph Stinson on the first floor of their home. In 1948, they moved the funeral home to 1540 West Grand Boulevard. In 1972, the Stinson family acquired the Diggs Funeral Home from Congressman Diggs. The acquisition gave the Stinson family a second location, the Stinson Diggs Chapel, on South Fort Street in South West Detroit. In 1978, the Stinson family purchased a funeral home on the northwest side of Detroit located on Meyers Road resulting in the third Stinson Funeral Home location in the Detroit area. In 1996, the Stinson Funeral Homes were acquired by Concord Family Services, Inc., a funeral service management company serving primarily ethnic and culturally diverse communities.